Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1496


October 4 - Men can also get breast cancer.
While there are other cancers that are much more common in men, and the "risk" to men is not nearly as high as it is to women, guys need to be aware that it can happen.  About 2,150 are diagnosed annually – or about 1 in 1,000 men.

If you're a man, I'm sure you've never encountered a mammogram.  There isn't any routine screening for male breast cancer, so you need to be aware of your body.  Don't brush off any changes, or put off going to the doctor because you're too macho.  It's real, it's possible, and it's much better to catch it early.  Trust me.


No comments: