Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1524

Happy November!

Unfortunately this month is not starting out on a stellar note for our family.  Hubby is still down and out with pneumonia.  I have something.... not sure what, but I'm achy and have a sinus headache that won't quit.  And K texted me at lunch saying she was sick to her stomach, so Hubby had to go pick her up.  She came home and slept for SIX HOURS!  😲

So....on this first day of "30 days of gratitude".... what smell am I thankful for? 

This might sound silly, (but if you are in love with someone you'll get it) I'm thankful for the smell of my hubby's neck.  💕

He's been practically bedridden for a week with pneumonia, and with me having a compromised immune system, I've been keeping my distance.  Now that he's been on antibiotics for a week AND I have my own set of germs, I finally gave up being careful and hugged my husband.

That clean, masculine scent that is all him when I press my face into his neck?  That's the smell I'm grateful for today.

No comments: