Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Where is spring?

All across our great nation, I'm sure there are millions of people asking that very same question.  Just last week my mother reported more snow in New York.  There is rain/snow/wind in the northwest and temperatures in the 20s in the Rockies.  Spring spent literally two minutes here in Texas and now it's gone.  Summer came in with a vengeance already.
Honestly, 97 degrees in early April is absurd.  Driving home after J's baseball game, the temperature actually climbed to 99.  I know I live in Texas where it's hot, dry, windy and did I mention HOT, but still.  I can't even imagine what kind of summer we're going to have if this is a preview.  Is it too much to hope for to have just a few weeks of more reasonable temperatures?

J's baseball team, the Royals, is doing very well.  They are 5-1 so far.  Today they won their game 12-5 and had two home runs, a triple and a double. 

J's only at-bat today.
 Getting some base-running tips from Coach Dad.  J walked (and scored).

Gearing up to steal second base.

Monday night the Royals will face the only team to have beaten them this season.  It will be a very tough game again, but after two big wins over the last three days, our guys should be flying high with confidence.  Go Royals!

No comments: