Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's!

Wow.  Starting a blog is a daunting task.  Who knew?

You know how sometimes you come up with this great idea, or at least it seems that way at the time, and then when the time comes to pay up you think, "Huh.  Maybe I'm not so clever after all."  I think that's what happened when I decided to start a blog.  I really don't have anything exciting to write about.  I'm just an everyday person living an ordinary life:  basically the girl next door with a husband, two kids, two cats, and three fish.  I watch American Idol, read more books than anyone I know, cheer my kids on in little league games (we'll get back to that in a minute) and have a brand new car.  Is any of that jot-this-down-worthy?  Probably not.  After all, why would someone want to read about that when they are living a similar variation of that exact same life?  Then I decided that even if nobody reads my blog, it's more about me writing it than anyone reading it.  A creative outlet, so to speak.  And who knows...there are millions of other bloggers out there and someone is reading THEIR blogs!

Anyway, today is April first.  Many of my friends are excited about the official start of baseball season.  For me, that started a month ago.  My son has already had three games and another one tomorrow.  The excitement for me, today, is the start of my daughter's t-ball season.  This is her first activity - EVER.  For almost five years she has sat faithfully (but not always peacefully) on the sidelines watching her big brother.  She has cheered him on (even literally getting down on the field with the cheerleaders once) at all of his games, and now it's finally her turn.  Last night she wanted to make sure I was going for her team and nobody else's.  Have you ever seen three- and four-year-olds play t-ball?  No?  Interesting doesn't even begin to cover it.  Add in the fact that my sweet, beautiful daughter is the most sensitive and dramatic preschooler I know - well, I'll just tell you all about it tomorrow.
Go Pups!

1 comment:

3BoyMom said...

Congrats on the blog! I am so excited to be able to keep tabs on you!!! Love ya!