Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

What day is it?

So it took me until 2:30pm to realize that today is not Friday.  Being a stay-at-home-mom really throws my calendar awareness out the window.  I am pretty organized and yet some days I don't even know what day of the week it is!  Today really threw me for a loop, though.  It's amazing how much a creature of habit I am.  K normally goes to preschool on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  Since she's not at school, it doesn't feel like Thursday at all.

I have really come to treasure my Thursdays.  It's almost like a bonus Friday for me.  Everyone loves Friday - it's the end of the work week, most people have fun weekend activities planned, etc.  A lot of people (including me) often use it as an excuse not to cook.  What's for dinner?  Well, it's Friday so that means we go out!  I like Friday as much as the next person - no getting up at 6am for school for two days, hubby is home from work for the weekend, and in the fall weekends mean football!  Thursday is a great day, too, though.  For the last couple of years, hubby and I have made a point to have lunch dates on Thursdays.  Just getting to see him for an hour during the day is a bonus.  Plus, Thursdays are a school day for BOTH of my kids, AND it's payday for hubby.  Not much to complain about.

Today is an exception, though.  K is getting over a stomach bug and I decided to keep her home from school just in case.  Those five and a half preschool hours go by so quickly, yet when we are home even an hour is endless.  Luckily we still had our lunch date to break up the day.

I don't know what I will do next year when both of my kids are in school full time.  Will every day feel like my Thursday or Friday?  One can only hope...

No comments: