Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1530

30 Days of Gratitude - day 7

What memory am I grateful for?

Memories are made much easier to reminisce about thanks to "On this day" in Facebook!  ha ha   For someone with chemo brain who can't usually remember why she walked into a room, looking back each morning on what happened that day in previous years is a neat little time travel trip.

Today my "On This Day" was filled with the high school state marching band competition from last year.  It was an incredible experience.  For my son to participate and compete at such a high level with his band in his freshman year was amazing. 

They didn't make it to the finals, but just to make it there, experience the trip with his bandmates, have his family there watching...... incredible.

Unfortunately there is a dumb UIL rule that bands can only compete every other year.  So no state competition this year.  Something to look forward to.... and more memories to be made!



No comments: