Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1525

30 days of Gratitude - day 2

What technology am I grateful for?

I am grateful for every single bit of medical technology that helped my physicians find my cancer.

As I said the other day, mammograms have been used for decades, but in my case the mammogram wasn't enough.  Since I was diagnosed, I've had ultrasounds, biopsies, x-rays, CT scans, bone scans, PET scans, MRI.... you name it, I've had it.

And I'm so thankful that I live in an age when those kinds of tests are available.  Thirty years ago, doctors may have kept looking at my "sort of" clear mammograms and not done anything else until it was too late.


No comments: