Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1539

30 Days of Gratitude - day 16

What about my body am I grateful for?

That's a tough one.  I've always had a healthy dislike of my body.  I have always been too chunky, my hair too frizzy, my skin not clear.  Self-esteem is not my strong point.

In many ways I feel like my body has let me down. 
I've had two miscarriages.  I've had Lyme Disease.  I've had cancer.  Now I have lymphedema.  I'm not strong or fit or thin or athletic.  I am scarred.  I have a ton of gray hair.  My skin still isn't clear.

What I am most grateful for is that despite all of that, my body is healthy!  I may not be a size 2 or have long silky hair, but I am alive.  I am able to do everything I want to (except play golf..... need to get back out there!).  I was able to walk dozens of miles in Vegas.  I have no blood pressure problems, no cholesterol problems, no digestive problems.  I DO NOT HAVE CANCER!

So while my hate-hate relationship with how I look continues, even at age 44, I love the fact that my body is able to endure what life has thrown at me.

No comments: