Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 395


Today my girl played five (yes, five) softball games...with more to come tomorrow.  K and her Diamonds teammates played their hearts out and finished the day 5-0.  If they win their first game tomorrow they will play for the championship.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I can't even tell you how much I love watching my girl and her friends play.  We have a very special group of girls.

Today was also a good day because I received the following text from my mom:

Visited Dad before I went for dinner.  Dad was great :-)  :-)  :-)

I don't know if Dad gave himself a pep talk or an attitude adjustment recently, or if some of the damage from his stroke is resolving and improving his condition, but Dad has had a string of good days this week.  It makes my heart happy to know that he is smiling, visiting, and happy instead of uncomfortable, frustrated and unhappy.

What hurts my heart is strife in my life having to do with people I'm close to.  I care so deeply and feel so much...I'm a pleaser and peacekeeper and not being able to fix something and feeling caught in the middle....somehow I need to make peace with the situation, but that won't be happening tonight.

Tomorrow is a new day...a day with more softball and then some football.  Hopefully the sun will be shining and my girls will be smiling and my spirits will be lifted a little.

No comments: