Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 378

This time last year I was recovering from chemo #1 and gearing up for J's big football day at Cowboys Stadium.  This year I'm still recovering, only this time it's from surgery and whatever nasty bug I picked up from somewhere, and gearing up for a busy football season.  I went to bed with an upset stomach and a fever.  The upset stomach was gone this morning, but the fever remained.  Now that I've had lunch, my stomach is protesting.  Is it too much to ask to just have one thing go right??

J had his first football game last night as a 7th grade Wylie Bulldog.  He played offense most of the first half and some defense in the second half, and he got a tackle.  It was a miserable 100 degrees and I was melting in the stands - I can't imagine how those boys actually put forth any effort.  Go Bulldogs!


As much as I absolutely love football, I'm a little overwhelmed with life right now, and I'd rather be doing this:


That was back before cancer and a heart attack and a stroke threw my whole family for a loop.  
(It was also when I had a pretty pedicure, unlike right now!)


No comments: