Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 370

Today Hubby and I road-tripped to Dallas for my post-op appointment with Dr K.  It's never a quick in and out visit with her, and considering we've been here 50 minutes and are still in the waiting room, today promises to be no different. 

Whenever I see Dr K, we wait. And wait. Whenever we see Dr L we wait. And wait. Whenever we see Dr H we wait. And wait. And wait. Waiting for the first two doesn't bother me. Much. I don't know why. Maybe because I really like them.  Maybe because we have to drive three hours for these appointments... so it really would be a long drive to only spend fifteen minutes here. Having to wait for Dr H grates on my last nerve, though. I'm normally a patient person, but I can't stand the fact that I have to wait 2+ hours every time I see him. I guess not being thrilled with him as a doctor has something to do with how I feel.

Anyway, I digress. Today I hope to get the ok to drive, as well as get the pathology report back from my surgery. Praying for good news.

* * * * * * * * * *
It's 10:00pm and we are home.  The good news is that my pathology report was all clear.  A few benign and/or normal issues, but NO CANCER.  The bad news is that I'm housebound for three more days.  Dr K wants me to wait the full three weeks before I start driving again.  Sigh.

I also graduated to six month visits with Dr K. That's two doctors down, three to go!

We detoured on the way home to visit Allyson's cemetery.  I was hoping her headstone would be there, but not yet; however the little butterfly yard light I put out was still there.  I'm happy she's not in the dark.

We also took the not-so-beaten path on the way home in order to avoid the Dallas-Fort Worth five o'clock traffic.  This back way took us through Hubby's namesake:


He enjoyed driving through Boyd, but I have to say that they should use the term "city" loosely!



No comments: