Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, December 26, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 485

Now that the Christmas crazies are over... well, almost - I do have fifteen people coming over this afternoon for another family celebration - here are a few random musings:


  • On Christmas Eve we went to the cemetery to visit Granny (Hubby's mom) for her birthday and Christmas.  On the way home, out of the blue, K says, "Hey!  I didn't know I could cross my eyes with my eyes closed!"  Out of the mouths of babes, I'm telling you.
  • Tuesday night I had a bad dream.  I don't usually remember my dreams, and I don't often have bad ones.  In my dream I found out I had to go through chemo again.  Every cancer patient's nightmare - hearing that the cancer has come back.  I was devastated and my first thought, of course, was that I really, really didn't want to lose my hair again.  I try not to let cancer rule my life any more than it has to, but I guess even in my subconscious the fear is never far away.
  • I wear the same size mens pajamas as my son.
  • I could buy my family a hundred Christmas presents and it never fails - there's always one more I wish I had bought.  K bought her BFF a really cute toy (annoying, but very cute), and she really loved it and wanted it for herself, too.  If she wasn't with me and I hadn't already gotten her so many things, I would have bought it.  Sigh.  I admit I have a problem.
  • I am the queen of mommy guilt, so it's no surprise that I feel guilty for not getting the one major gift my kids ask for.  Granted, J asked for something that costs $400 and K decided the day before Christmas Eve (when my shopping was done) what she really wanted (Barbie Dream House).  Uh.... not happening on either count.
  • We had McDonald's for Christmas Eve.
  • The cashier at one of the stores in the mall told us that her BFF's name was Kelsie.  That is the first time we've heard of someone spelling it the same way!
  • The cold/flu/respiratory infection from hell is back.  I am coughing and blowing my nose and so sick of feeling like this.  A round of antibiotics, six days of steroids and countless doses of cough medicine and I'm still hacking away.  That's just great for the pain in my side (a.k.a. pleurisy).
  • From my lips to God's ears (or at least the pastor's ears)... last year my one complaint about the Christmas Eve candlelight service was that we only sang one Christmas song.  This year we sang all Christmas songs except one (and that one is one that I like, so it's ok).  We sang Joy To The World, O Come, O Come Emmanuel, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Angels We Have Heard on High and Silent Night.  That's what I'm talking about!  




No comments: