Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 482

I thought my family had pretty much run the gamut of medical terms this year, but I get to add a new one to my vocabulary:  pleurisy.  Do you know what it is?  I didn't...until a sharp, stabbing pain along my side sent me to the doctor.  Pleurisy is inflammation of the lining of the lungs and chest that leads to chest pain (usually sharp) when you take a breath or cough. Or breathe deep.  Or just sit.

Apparently spending the last three weeks coughing my fool head off has led to some irritation in the lining of my lungs.  Nothing much to do for it other than take something for the pain and a prescription for steroids.  I've been taking Ibuprofen 800, but even that only takes the edge off.  Anytime I laugh or cough or sneeze, I feel like someone is stabbing me along my ribs.

Seems like the fun never ends around here.

No comments: