Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 473

One of the things my friend Allyson told me when I was diagnosed (and crying and complaining to her - HER of all people), was that if going through everything she did allowed her to help even one person, then it was worth it.

Of course that's just Allyson, but I totally get it now.

My mom had her first chemo last week and the yuck factor has kicked in.  She's not sick, just feeling yucky and not wanting to eat.  Luckily her OCD daughter has kept notes from every single day since the start of chemo last year - what I felt like, what meds I took, what foods I could eat.  I just sent her a list of some of the foods I ate most often.  I hope it helps her.  I had some extra padding to spare.  Mom doesn't!  She needs to eat, eat, eat.

On a side note, I think my antibiotics finally kicked in.  I still don't feel great - I'm coughing a ton and out of breath at the slightest effort - but I don't feel "sick".  Hallalujah!

Go Cowboys!


No comments: