Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, December 12, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 471

Life is all about contrast, isn't it?
Light and dark, good and bad, positive and negative.

I had a lousy afternoon yesterday.  I mean really lousy.  I was fighting tears before the kids even went to bed.  The unknown is a scary thing, and trying to talk yourself down from the ledge when your mind is firmly rooted there....not an easy thing.

And then, after wiping my eyes and blowing my nose for the hundredth time (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration), I looked down from my perch on the couch and saw this sweetie setting up her Little People nativity set under the Christmas tree, with her trusty reindeer by her side.
To top it off, she was singing "Deck the Halls."


Well played, God, well played.

No comments: