Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 470

I'm sitting on the couch curled up under my new heated throw blanket, all of the lights are off except the Christmas lights, I'm drinking a cup of tea, the house is quiet, and this is my view:

Let me tell you, this is heaven after being sick all week.  I'm still coughing my fool head off, my throat hurts and I'm fighting off a headache, but I haven't had a fever since Tuesday, so maybe I've started to turn the corner a little bit.  Not in any part thanks to me.  I guess I don't do "resting" well.  (Thanks Mom)  Yesterday I was supposed to stay on the couch all day, except for J's band concert (which was fantastic!).  Ummm....I washed clothes, wrapped all of the gifts I have so far, cooked dinner and then we decorated the tree.  Not much couch-sitting going on there.

Today I have an appointment with Dr. H.  You know what that means.  Waiting, waiting and more waiting.  And tonight is K's first basketball game, which she's informed me she's NOT ready to play.  This is her first year playing and she's feeling a little lost.  She said she doesn't want to go out there in a game because she doesn't know what to do.  I tried to give her a pep talk, that she's not the only one who hasn't played before and that she didn't know a thing about softball when she started and look at her now!  I don't think it sunk in.  Tonight should be interesting.

On another note, four years ago today Hubby's dad lost his wife unexpectedly.  She was only in her 50s. It was only a few months prior to that when Hubby's mom lost her battle with cancer.  In the span of four months my kids lost two grandmothers.  Please say a little prayer for my father-in-law, his step-daughter and her children.  No matter how much time passes, I know this is still a tough day.


No comments: