Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 469

Ok, I admit it, I'm miserable.  I'm waving the white flag.

I look miserable, I feel miserable and I'm acting miserable.
I would like to formally apologize to my family, because I am taking all of my stress and miserable-ness out on them.  They don't deserve it.  These are the people who love me despite my being grouchy and bitchy and nagging them about everything.  I want to shower them with love and all of the Christmas spirit I can muster.

Unfortunately, recovering from this surgery has been a long road, I still don't have my energy back, and now I'm sicker than sick.  Coughing-aching-stuffy-head-fever-so-you-can-rest medicine isn't touching this crud.  Also unfortunate is the fact that Hubby is sick, too...so not much sympathy from his direction.

I've managed to work ten hours (first time back to work in over a month), go to Office Depot, make two trips to the post office, go grocery shopping, take K to basketball practice, take J to train club, wash three loads of laundry and do some online Christmas shopping in the past two days.  Today the only thing on my agenda is J's Christmas band concert.  Hopefully I don't cough my way through it.

On a side note, my mom made it through her first chemotherapy treatment yesterday without incident.  She texted me and said, "I am eating walnuts, drinking pure leaf tea and getting chemo.  The bizarreness of it all just hit me."  That's pretty much chemo in a nutshell.
No pun intended.

No comments: