Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 333

Happiness is becoming engrossed in a really good book. 

Chemo brain.  A lot of people who've been through treatment complain about it.  They start talking and can't remember what they were saying, or they can't think of the word they mean to say.  It hasn't really caused me to forget things too much (I don't think), but it has stolen my ability to concentrate.  Most of the time I feel like an adult with ADHD, and for an OCD, organized, type A person, that really sucks.
 
However, I've been working on improving my concentration. I've been able to read more, and I enjoy reading more lately.  Maybe it's simply because the further I am from my last treatment, the better it gets.  Whatever the reason, it makes me happy.  Getting something back that cancer took from me makes me even happier.


No comments: