Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 318


Heaven gained a precious angel last night. My sweet friend Allyson fights her Monster no more. 
She is with Jesus - she is victorious!


Allyson was the most humble, faithful, true, courageous woman and I am proud to call her my friend.  She fought this fight nobody wants to fight with dignity and humor and grace.  

My heart aches for her three sweet boys, her husband, her parents and her siblings. I am filled with sorrow that Allyson's light no longer illuminates our world because she truly made it a better place.  If you knew her, you loved her.  

I will never again have a snow cone without remembering those long ago nights in Abilene when we would "escape" the joys of new motherhood together, sit in the car and enjoy an icy treat.  I will always think of her when I wear flip flops or see the color turquoise.  I will always remember her sweet voice singing along with Willie Nelson and Kenny Chesney when we made a road trip to Houston together with our little boys. 

"The Good Stuff" for sure.

She was loved by many, admired by everyone, and taken way too soon. 

I will miss you, friend.






1 comment:

Simplelife4Real said...

Michelle, although I never knew her except through you, I am very, very saddened by her passing. She left this world far too soon.

I don't know how much time you have left on your vacation, but I know she would want you to be enjoying the heck out of it with your husband and children even though you are also in the midst of grieving her death. Do something outrageously fun in honor of her.

Hugs. Kay