Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 311

December 5, 2013... seven months ago today I walked out of my eighth and last chemotherapy treatment.  I was weak, sick, bald, exhausted... but triumphant.  The first, and in my opinion worst, part of this journey was done.  I knew I was still facing surgery and radiation, but the dreaded chemo was in the books.

Tonight we are sitting waiting for the fireworks in my hometown to begin. Thanks to the soggy weather yesterday we are a day late for this part of the Independence Day celebration, but the party goes on. 

I miss my Hubby, and the Fourth isn't the same without my BFF and her kids, but I'm happy to be here, alive and well to watch fireworks with my kids.



The tradition continues...

No comments: