Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, July 4, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 310


I love the Fourth of July. All of the "kids" I grew up with in my neighborhood love the Fourth of July.  My entire hometown loves the Fourth of July.  In Saugerties, Independence Day is small town America at its best.  It is bagpipes, boy scouts, fire trucks and tractors in the parade.



It is backyard BBQ get-togethers with people we've known all our lives.



It's the Red, White and Blue flying proudly on front porches up and down every street. It is a magnificent fireworks display at the end of a long day.  

And this year it is all of these things rain or shine.  Last year we were sweating buckets. Today it is 59 degrees and raining!  No matter the weather, I'm proud of my little town for its patriotism... from the party house that plays the national anthem at the beginning of the parade to the gentleman who has hosted the neighborhood cookout for over thirty years, we are proud to live in the land of the free.

That, or we really like a party.



No comments: