Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 323


My big bro and I definitely had our times of strife growing up (mostly in the form of him teasing me!), but I am thankful that we continue to grow closer the older we get - despite the miles between us.  While I was home visiting in New York, he posted the following on my Facebook page (which should give all of the people with sibling rivalries a little bit of hope!):

Great pictures of you guys during your visit Mis!! You look fantastic!! I can honestly say that I am truly amazed every day at the bravery, courage, strength and grace you have shown during your dominating victory in your fight thus far. I know you'll have battles still left to fight - but that awful affliction never stood a chance against your strength. You've actually grown and become an even more amazing person than you were prior to getting the diagnosis - if that was possible! You've left your big brother completely astounded and proud beyond words with the way you've handled the past 12 months. I love ya little sis - you've shown everyone close to you or even remotely associated to you what it means to be courageous and graceful in the face of adversity. You have so many wonderful years ahead of you in life, and now you'll just treasure them that much more. I miss you guys - wish I was back in NY right now visiting mom and dad with you and the kids!! I may still hop on a plane Friday - we'll see...  Either way enjoy the rest of your trip!! Love, D 


There is something to be said for having a relationship with someone you've shared years with, a childhood with, shared memories with.  He's my friend, he's my family, he's my big brother, and I'm grateful for his love and support.  Thanks D!

No comments: