Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 317



It was a beautiful day to spend on the Hudson River aboard the Rip Van Winkle. We did this last year for the first time and enjoyed it so much we knew we had to put it on our to-do list again this summer.
Being on the water was so relaxing. We saw gorgeous waterfront homes, a couple of big oil tanker barges and picturesque lighthouses.  J even spotted several Amtrak trains running along the river.


Last year it was just the three of us, so I'm glad we invited my dad and M to join us.



We got there early but it's a perfect area to have to kill some time.  Here I am with my mom and dad waiting to board the boat - walking along by the marina near all of the boats.



J and Grammie took a walk down to the trolley museum (it was closed).  The kids even got to feed some ducks.




The boat ride was dubbed "Kids Cruise" and they had music playing and a magic show. K was thrilled to be the magician's assistant. 


Grandparents, a boat ride, ice cream and a magic show... what more could you want?


Even though I'm pretty worn out from ten days of almost nonstop recreation/vacation, and I have an annoying summer cold/sore throat, I won't let that get me down.  There is no room for cancer on a day like today when the sun is shining, my kids are laughing and we were able to make more happy memories with my family.


Kicking cancer's ass, indeed!





No comments: