Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 405

A strange phenomenon I've noticed since I finished chemo in December is my ability to go, go, go until I eventually need to crash and sleep for about eighteen hours.  Even when I'm not fighting radiation fatigue or recovering from surgery, I'm still so tired.  I'm not kidding.  It's like my body uses up all of its available resources and then I'm completely wiped out for almost a day.

Yesterday was that day.

I had a sick kiddo at home but even that couldn't keep me from taking a nap in the afternoon.  And when I say "afternoon", I mean all afternoon!  I told J I was going to lay down around 1:30pm to take a nap.  I set my alarm for 3:30 so I could be awake when K gets off the bus.  I despise my alarm most times it goes off, but especially at 3:30 in the afternoon when I've slept for ninety minutes but need to sleep for about ninety hours.  Luckily Hubby was already home from work, so I told him I needed to go back to sleep.  I slept until after 6pm.  Seriously.  Who does that?

Apparently a long weekend during which I spent hours and hours at the softball fields on my feet, in the heat, in the cold, picking up trash and buckling chin straps caught up with me.  I think this whole I-feel-like-I-could-sleep-for-a-year thing has gotten worse since my surgery in August.  Menopause seriously saps your energy.

On a non-sleepy note, I had a bone density test yesterday morning.  I've had CT scans, PET scans, mammograms, ultrasounds, blood tests, x-rays, MRIs, biopsies.... but never a bone density test.  Since I was thrown into menopause at such a young age, they will monitor my bones to watch out for osteoporosis.  The fun never ends!


No comments: