Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Unconditional Love

Someone needs to teach my daughter the meaning of unconditional love.

Every morning when she wakes up she comes in to my room (and usually either finds me in the bathroom getting ready or back in bed if I'm feeling lazy).  She will give me a hug or sit on my lap, but that's the extent of our morning hugs & kisses time. 

Today I sat on my bed while chatting with hubby on my cell phone and K decided to join me.  Not only did she sit next to me on the bed, but she proceeded to lay across my lap and told me I couldn't get up to go dry my hair.  She was hugging me and holding on for dear life.  I asked her why she will never snuggle with me when I want to, and yet when I have to go do something she won't let go.  Her response?  "That's because you already have your makeup on."  I asked her why she can't snuggle with me when I don't have my makeup on, and she said, "Because you look prettier than at the night."

Alrighty then.  Never underestimate the power of a child's honesty.

No comments: