Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grammie to the rescue!

Grammie arrived yesterday from New York, much to the delight of my children.  And to me.  I basically get a vacation while she is here because J & K want NOTHING to do with me as long as she is around.  They fight over who sits by her and where she is going to sleep and who rides next to her in the car.  I think her visits here must be a huge boost to Grammie's ego.  There is no doubt who is #1 in my children's affections.

It has been six long months since the last Grammie visit and we are going to make the most of this week.  Yesterday J had his last baseball game.  It didn't turn out to be a very enjoyable afternoon thanks to 109 degree heat and a loss that kicked our team out of second place.  We were glad that Grammie was able to see one of J's games, though, and afterward one of his team member's family hosted a team swim party.  That was a lot of fun, all of the boys (and their siblings) swam to their hearts' content and even enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers compliments of that boy's parents. 

Tomorrow is K's fifth birthday.  I can't even believe my little girl is turning five.  What a milestone that seems like.  Five means the end of toddlerhood and preschool and marks the beginning of kindergarten.  Yikes!  I'm not sure either one of us is quite ready for that, but luckily we have the summer to get ourselves ready.  We are having her birthday party at Pony Pals Stables and have invited friends, school classmates and cousins and should be a fun, fun time.  Unfortunately the wind is blowing 40mph right now - I hope it calms down by tomorrow!

We are also going to try to fit in a round of golf, a round of putt putt, some bowling and a movie this week.  It is going to be very hot so I'm sure we'll get a lot of pool time in as well.  Sadly the time always flies by when Grammie visits so Sunday when we have to take her back to the airport will be here before we know it.

Thankfully we are headed to the east coast at the end of June and we'll be meeting Grammie at the beach for a little vacation before we continue on to New York for our annual visit.  Perhaps that will lessen the blow of Grammie leaving, at least slightly.

Tomorrow will probably be hectic, so I will just say now Happy 5th Birthday to my beautiful, funny, imaginative, loving daughter.  K, you light up our lives!

No comments: