Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Superstitious much?

Here is the definition of superstition:
- a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.
I never really put much stock in superstition.  I might have to rethink my position.  After the first few baseball games of the season, I quit bringing my camera.  Every time J was up to bat & I'd try to photograph him, he would strike out.  I started leaving my camera at home and he started hitting the ball.  Tonight was the first time in weeks he hasn't at least made contact (well, unless you count Monday when the ball made contact with HIM instead).  
This superstition thing might be going beyond just my camera, though.  Tonight J had a game at 6pm and K had a game at 7pm.  I managed to watch the first couple innings of J's game before I had to leave.  The boys were not playing well and were losing 5-2 when I walked over to K's game.  A friend of mine was at the boys' game and was sending me updates via text.    Here is our conversation:
S: 3rd inning. 3 runs. 6-5
   me: We 5 or 6?
S: 5
   me: good or bad?
S: 8-6 them. We are batting with one out.
S: bases loaded
S: 8-8 with one out.
   me: you are killing me!!!!!
S: Bases loaded two outs. 9-8 us.
S: now we're done.. bottom of 4th.  Up by one.
S: One out.
S: Two outs.
S: We Win!!!!!! 
I really don't want to think that I could be a jinx for the team, so I will hope that it was just a coincidence that our team started playing better and ended up winning AFTER I left!  I wish I had been there to see the boys celebrate coming from behind to win like that, but I had to put on my t-ball team mom hat and go to work.  Congrats Royals on sticking it out and coming out on top tonight!     

No comments: