Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Free-speaking Friday

One of my best friends is in the process of moving back to Abilene.  If you know me and my luck with friends, then you know this is a momentous occasion.  I am known as the lady with the friend jinx. Every one of my friends that I make, or that my kids make, end up moving away.  Thankfully K's best friend looks to be here for the duration, and I happen to be good friends with her mom as well.  Now having R and her family back, I feel like my friend cup overfloweth!

Baby kittens are the most adorable animals.  Admittedly I am a cat person, so it doesn't take much for me to say "Awwwwwwwww".  The above-mentioned friend moved back to Abilene with four baby kittens in tow (and the mama, who has since disappeared).  If only we didn't already have two adult kitties that hubby absolutely loathes....

My kids have a more active social life than I do. 

It is possible to have a two hour lunch at Johnny Carino's without even trying.  And it didn't  involve cocktails.

Speaking of cocktails...happy hour (the non-alcoholic kind) at drive-through restaurants makes me happy.  I got a huge diet Coke at Mr. Burger for eighty-seven cents today.

Tomorrow night hubby and I have a date.  And not just any date.  We are rubbing elbows with the fancy people at the Abilene Country Club.  Randy White is the special guest, which makes us die-hard Cowboys fans very happy.   Are you sitting down?  I even bought a new dress to wear.

Lastly, my camera-baseball jinx continues.  Tonight at K's t-ball game they played three innings.  That means she was up to bat three times.  The first time, when I had my camera at the ready, she missed the pitches and had to hit from the tee.  After that, with my phone/camera firmly in my pocket, my girl nailed the ball pitched to her both times.  Way to go #12!!!

No comments: