Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today my kids insisted that there should be a "Kids day" (isn't that every day?!?!?!), but in reality today is the day that mothers everywhere are honored, appreciated and loved a little bit more. 

My Mother's Day celebration actually started on Thursday.  My thoughtful brother sent me a beautiful vase of flowers, and what girl doesn't like to get flowers???  K was a little put out that she didn't get any this time, but I pointed out that they are for MOTHER'S DAY and she's not a mother! 

Hubby told me last night to send the kids to him in the morning if they woke me up, but that wasn't necessary since he couldn't sleep & ended up in his recliner.  I'm guessing the closed bedroom door was enough of a deterrent, because I didn't hear anything until the two little cuties (and 1 big cutie) came in to wake me up at 9am.  I received two beautiful silver heart necklaces (one from each kiddo) and we had a family golf date.  Luckily the course wasn't too busy and there were times we couldn't even see another golfer anywhere near us!  Afterward we went out for a late lunch (place of my choice). 

I know today is very bittersweet for hubby.  He went out of his way to make today special for me despite the fact that it's the first Mother's Day since his mom passed away.  She was a very sweet and loving lady - we are all better people for having had Flo in our lives.  Even though I wish so much that I could have my mom HERE, I know I am more than blessed that my mom is happy and healthy and able to be in our everyday lives, albeit in a long-distance way.  K told hubby that she's sad for him because his mom died.  We did stop at the cemetery to visit Granny after we ate, and went out for hot fudge sundaes afterward in honor of her (she loved her ice cream!). 

Happy Mother's Day to all of the special moms in my life - my mother, my mother-in-law in heaven, and all of my special friends who are beautiful people and terrific moms!

 

No comments: