Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1887

In all things, give thanks.
    ~1 Thessalonians 5:18


Today is November first, which brings my annual 30 days of gratitude posts.

What smell are you grateful for today?

I wouldn't say I'm "grateful" for any certain smell very often.  Of course there are good smells (bacon, coffee, popcorn, Christmas trees) and there are bad smells (skunk, dead anything, rotten anything).  What smell stands out to me today?

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Because it's delicious?  Yes.  But more, because it means I cooked.  Preparing a meal for my family is something I like to do and wish I did more often.... but busy schedules and low energy often stand in my way. 

Five years ago the idea of cooking a meal (while going through chemo) was a pipe dream. 

Walking in the door tonight with the smell of spaghetii sauce on the stove reminds me that I'm still here, I'm still me, and I'm still loving taking care of my family. 

No comments: