Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1894

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.”
– George R.R. Martin


What book are you most grateful for?

I'm just grateful for books.  Plural. 
Reading brings me joy. 

For a long time I wasn't able to read as much as I used to.  The devastation cancer brings to your life is so overwhelming, it's hard to find pleasure in anything.  Add in chemo brain which makes it very difficult to concentrate, and reading goes by the wayside.

I'm happy to say that I am back to my book devouring phase.  I have read almost one hundred books this year, and 25 of them were 5 star reads.  That makes for one happy book lover!

No comments: