Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1893

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
~Helen Keller


What memory are you grateful for?

I am grateful for each and every one of the memories I shared with my BFF.  Even now, nine months after her passing, I have a hard time believing she's gone.  I often pick up the phone to text her, or share something with her on Facebook. 

I miss my Trudester.

The one memory I am most grateful for is the one pictured below.  It was a last minute decision and a physically and emotionally draining trip, but I am SO GLAD that I went to see her before she died.  Those few days with her are so precious to me.  Seeing firsthand that she was at peace sets my mind at ease.  Having her sing Happy Birthday to me touches my heart.

Never in a million years did I think when we met in seventh grade that she and I would share this awful journey of cancer.  We shared a lot.. almost everything.... but I never would have wanted this for either of us. 

The quote above is true.  She walked in darkness, and I walked in darkness.  But we did it together.


No comments: