Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 9, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1895

"America is another name for opportunity."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What place are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for this wonderfully diverse, beautifully scenic country that I live in.

America is not without its problems.
We are a nation divided by politics, by race, by finances, by just about everything.  We have homeless veterans and abused children and mass shootings.

But those problems are everywhere.  No nation is immune to the ugliness of human nature.

What makes America the incredible country that it is is the pride and patriotism of its people.  Go to any small town on July 4th and you will be overwhelmed with red, white and blue.  Play "God Bless the USA" and I dare you not to sing along.  Watch our nation come together when a natural disaster befalls our people..... or any other country.

Americans are great.  As Willie Nelson said, "To me,  America is freedom".


No comments: