Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1890

“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”
-Ernestine Ulmer


What food are you most grateful for?

Dessert. 
There.  I said it.
Yes it's bad for you.  Yes it's partly why I have twenty (or maybe thirty or forty) extra pounds on my frame.

I.Don't.Care.

I have a sweet tooth.  My husband has a sweet tooth.  My children have even bigger ones.

Sugar is my weakness, and I'm not afraid to admit it. 
It makes you fat.  It can cause cancer (so they say).  It can rot your teeth.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

You know what?  Giving in to my sweet tooth cravings makes me happy.  A piece of chocolate, a popsicle, gummy bears, cupcakes, muffins, Reese's peanut butter cups (is there a more perfect candy???).....I'm not too picky.

But if I had to narrow it down, there are two simple answers.  Apple pie and brownies. 

Because YUM.

I need to go bake something now.


No comments: