Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 579

Today is chemo #8 for my mom.  After today she will be 2/3rds of the way through her treatment.  Way to be a rock star, Mom!!!


Speaking of chemo.... today is the first chemo (second time around) for my KCA friend Karen.  I met Karen online during chemo in the fall of 2013, and then I met her in person in Vegas last fall.  I can't even tell you how much I hate that she has to go through this again, and especially so soon, but she is a warrior and she'll sail through like she did before.  I'm in your pocket today Karen - show that red devil who's boss!

Last night I had insomnia.  I should say this morning, since I was wide awake at 4am.  It was a strange kind of insomnia, though.  I felt extremely tired, I was so exhausted and yet I couldn't go back to sleep.  I got up twice to get a drink of water.  I think I finally dozed back off at 5:30 and my alarm went off at 6:15.  I was not a happy camper.

Please keep my dad and Marion in your prayers.  They are having a tough time.  Dad is miserable and grouchy and Marion is at the end of her rope.  It's been a long eight months for them and I hate that I'm so far away and unable to help.



No comments: