Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 561

Today I had an appointment with Dr T, my plastic surgeon.  His office is on the fifth floor of a really nice building - floor to ceiling windows, very clean, etc.  The staff is nice and usually very efficient.  For instance, today we arrived thirty minutes early (hard to gauge time with a three hour drive and Dallas traffic).  They called me back immediately, and we were back on the road twenty minutes after my appointment time.  Nice!

Then there is Dr T himself.  He is wonderful.  He's kind and attentive, he answers any questions we have, spends as much time with us as we need, and he's a perfectionist.  He wants to make me look beautiful. While I know there are more important things than how pretty my breasts are, it's a light at the end of the tunnel for this whole cancer thing.  The bad news is I will need a couple more surgeries.  A couple.  The good news is that they are minor, quick (less than two hours each) AND they include the word "liposuction".  Ha!  In order to make my breasts look better, we'll have to remove some fat from my thighs.  Darn.

Apparently my skin defied the radiation odds.  He said you can't even tell by looking that I've had radiation.  The photographer said the same thing.  Yes, I said photographer.  Remember me mentioning that my least favorite part of seeing Dr T is that they take PICTURES?!?!??!  Ugh.  That's never fun, but it's even less fun when I'm covered in scars and fifteen pounds heavier than the last time I stood there.  But I digress.  They were very impressed with how I've healed, and the lady taking the pictures wanted to know my secret.  She said there is a lady that comes in there selling a rejuvenating cream for $90 a bottle and it does wonders.  I told her I used $4 vitamin E oil from Walmart.  Yay me!

One more little tidbit for today....
When I woke K up this morning to get ready for our road trip, she smiled and said she was mad at me because I woke her up from a good dream.  When I asked her what she was dreaming about, she said, "I was just about to buy a unicorn."

That's my girl.




No comments: