Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 554

Next week is spring break.
Today my kids had a snow day.
Am I the only one who thinks that's odd?

Tuesday was Mom's sixth chemo treatment.  She's halfway through!  Woohooo!!!  I'm so proud of her.  She is still working full-time (with a 40 mile commute) and only taking her chemo days off.  Amazing.  I hope the next twelve weeks fly by for her.

A few years ago we replaced our linoleum floor in the kitchen with tile.  Shortly after, the grout started to crack in several places (thanks to our pier and beam foundation).  Last week we had somebody come by to look at some odd jobs we need done around the place, and what do you know?  We could not find the cracks in the grout!  Where did they go???

My son is bored.

I miss my friends.  I wish I could teleport K from Ohio, T from Virginia, K from Germany, and even A from heaven.  Technology is great, but I need some time with my girls.

My dad got a new recliner.  It's one that has a motorized footrest and even helps lift him up out of the chair.  He hated it at first.  That makes me laugh.  I can just see him acting like a toddler, not wanting to give up his old, worn out chair.  He's still having problems with his legs swelling, but overall he's doing ok.

I have an appointment next week with Dr T (my plastic surgeon).  He hasn't seen me since shortly after my reconstruction surgery in November, so I'm curious what he'll think.  I'm also wondering what the next plan is, because he had mentioned "revision" surgeries.

Is that enough randomness for one day?


No comments: