Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 566


This morning my heart is broken yet again.  I had to say goodbye to my sweet Shadow.  People say black cats are bad luck, but she was the sweetest, gentlest, most loving cat who was my constant companion, my "Shadow", for almost two decades.  She saw me through a lot of tough times...divorce, two miscarriages, cancer treatments, and slept on my lap as I recovered from each of my cancer surgeries.  

She lived to be more than 19 years old, which is over a hundred in cat years.  She had a good, long life and was well loved.  I'm trying to accept that, but right now I'm just so, so sad and I miss her already.  I can't imagine how my tender-hearted daughter will take it.  

Go rest now, kitty, and know I love you with my whole heart.






No comments: