Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 574

It's been a week since my sweet kitty Shadow went to heaven.
I'm still not used to her being gone.  I walk in and expect to see her sleeping in her chair.  I go to the laundry room (a.k.a. "the cat room") and think she's going to be under my feet looking back at me to make sure I'm going out there to feed her.  I saw her empty litter box in the garage and my heart sank all over again.

This is the first time in almost two decades that I don't have a cat, that I don't have her.  I'm still sad.
All I can say, over and over, is, "She was a good kitty."  She really was.  Hubby thought she was a pain in the rear, but she was so sweet.

It hurts me to say this, too, but my KCA Facebook chemo group lost one of our own this week.  Lyn Kells was a spunky 60-something vintage store owning, motorcycle riding, "F#CK CANCER" shirt-wearing mother and grandmother who lost her battle after her cancer recurred in her lungs and then moved to her brain.  I may have never met her in person, but she was in the trenches with me and the other KCA ladies all throughout chemo and recovery, and I hate that cancer has claimed yet another victim.

It's sad, but life goes on.

For us, that means softball.  And band competition.  And work and doctor appointments and the orthodontist.  We have more than enough to keep us busy, that's for sure.

And to make you smile, how handsome is he????



No comments: