Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 8

I'm thankful for modern medicine - even when it makes me feel lousy!  I've been suffering from a mystery illness for months.  My symptoms come and go.  Sometimes I feel perfectly fine.  Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed.  I've had test after test, checking my heart, my lungs, my immune system, my thyroid, my hormones, you name it, I've had it checked.  I've been to three different doctors, had blood drawn twice, had an EKG, a stress test and x-rays.  I finally have a diagnosis and (hopefully!) a treatment.  Unfortunately the medicine I am taking makes me feel worse than the illness!  I've read that that's a good sign - it shows that the diagnosis is right and the medicine is attacking the bad stuff & I feel crummy because of the toxins struggling to leave my body.  Aren't you jealous?

No comments: