Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 10

Today I am thankful for my BFF.  T and I have been friends, real TRUE friends, since I was twelve years old.  I sat behind her in homeroom in 7th grade, and we've been best buds ever since.  We were inseparable in junior high, high school and college until she moved away.  We each know the other's strengths and weaknesses.  She can tell people things about me that nobody else knows (thankfully she doesn't!), and vice versa.  Her family is like my family.

For the last two decades we've rarely lived even within driving distance of each other, and yet the bonds of friendship remain strong.  She lived near me when my first child was born, and she lived within a few hours of me when my second child was born.  My kids are friends with her kids and always ask when we will see Z & J again.  Thankfully our parents all still live in the town we grew up in, so we are able to see each other every summer when we go back to visit.

T is undergoing treatment for stage 3 breast cancer.  She has had chemo, surgery, more surgery and now radiation.  She is the strongest, most resilient person I've ever known.  Throughout her journey I've never heard her say anything negative.  She never complains, never gives in, she just takes each obstacle as it comes.  She does what needs doing in all aspects of life.  Her laid-back, go with the flow personality is the exact opposite of my routine-oriented, type-A obsessiveness and yet we mesh so well.  I miss her and hate that I am so far away.  Because of her illness she was unable to go "home" this past summer, so it has been over a year since I was able to spend time with her.  I wish I could have been there for her in a way other than holding her hand long-distance, but all I can do is say prayers and let her know I think of her often.



She is the sister of my heart and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. 

No comments: