Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 13

I am thankful for the wonderful teachers that my children have been blessed with.   I know that every child has their quirks and qualities that make them different and sometimes difficult, and I think the mark of a great teacher is being able to relate to and work with a student, no matter what. 

Last year I learned that my son has a habit of moving around during class... a lot.  He fidgets, he tips his chair, he leans over the desk & table, etc.  None of his teachers complained... in fact, they reassured me that as long as he's doing his work and not totally disrupting everyone else, they don't care if he has to sit on the floor!  My daughter is very timid and sensitive.  I was so relieved last year when she ended up with the same kindergarten teacher that J had.  We know and love Mrs. O and it helped K immensely by having her first schoolteacher be someone she was familiar with, and who was so loving with my little girl.  I didn't know any of the first grade teachers, but I was nervous before this year over nothing.  Mrs. T is sweet and kind and K loves her. 

I thank God that He has blessed my children with teachers who love and appreciate them and are able to teach in a way that encourages a love of learning.

No comments: