Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 24

I am thankful for my children.  I may have already done this one, either separately or together like this, but today especially I have to say it (again).  I may argue and nag and out-stubborn them, and sometimes even scream like a mean banshee lady because their rooms are a mess, but nobody on this planet loves my children more than I do. 

I cherish their laughter and their smiles.  I admire their warm hearts and compassion for others.  I am impressed with their imaginations and I am lit up from within when I hear "I love you Mom".  I suffered a miscarriage shortly before getting pregnant with each of my children.  Some people may cringe when they read that, because to be honest, nobody really talks about it.  But it happened and I want to talk about it today.  I know that if I hadn't gone through those two dark times I wouldn't have J & K in my life now, and I am more grateful for these two amazing little people than anyone knows.  But a loss is a loss, regardless of when or how, and I want to take some time to be thankful for those two babies who never had a chance.  They never had the opportunity to grow, they were never named, they were never born... but they were mine, and they are loved. 

Please take a moment and pray today for a family in our community.  I don't know them personally, but a lot of my friends do, so their plight really hurts my heart.  Rex Fleming is a boy in J's school and he is about to begin his journey home to God after a two year illness.  I know so many people have prayed and lifted this family up and they will need it even more in the coming days/weeks/months.  Please ask God to make Rex's journey a peaceful one, and give comfort to his family as they mourn the loss of their little boy.

No comments: