Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - day 2047

GRATITUDE...
(Yes, that is capitalized for a reason.)

I don't even have the words to express how grateful I am for my village. 

❤ My husband, who dropped everything (even though work is busy) to fly up to NY with me (and he HATES to fly).  He is the very definition of a supportive partner and I could not do life without him. 

๐Ÿš‚ My son, who abruptly took over running our household, including parenting duty of a 15 year old. 
๐ŸŒป My daughter, whose faith in God lifted me up when I needed it most.
๐ŸŒผ My mom, who has always given me unwavering support.
๐Ÿ“ My mom friends who have selflessly taken K under their wings while we were away, giving her rides, mending her dress, taking her to get pampered and sharing photos from last night's Winter Formal when I couldn't be there. 
๐Ÿ’› My friend, who is always on call for Dexter duty, who loves my dog as much as I do and is always, always available when I need something. 
๐Ÿ• My son's girlfriend, who is a calm and steady presence in his life, and another of our fur baby caretakers, and Dexter's favorite person.  
๐ŸฅŽ My son's boss, who immediately sent him home from work and gave him as much time off as needed when she learned of my dad's passing. She's not only a great manager but a wonderful friend to me. 
๐Ÿงก My sister-in-law, with whom I share a job, who has worked a lot of extra days so I could be here in NY.
๐Ÿ’™ My hubby's work family, from his brother and his job foreman to all of the employees on the job site sending prayers. 
๐Ÿฅค My godmother who delivered a much-needed cold drink during one of the long, long days spent at my dad's bedside.  The 30 minute visit with her was the highlight of that day. 
๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍❤️‍๐Ÿ‘จ My dad's longtime companion who took amazing care of him 24/7 for many, many years.  She gave him a loving home and I'm forever grateful. 
๐Ÿ™ All of my family and friends, both near and far, who have prayed for us, called and sent messages of support and love. 


No comments: