Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - Day 2018


Happy New Year! 
The last couple of years have been filled with so many blessings. But they haven't been easy.  Our world is filled with illness and strife, division and hate (thank you COVID-19 😡).  Life has changed so much in a very short time. 

When I was diagnosed with cancer and started treatment in August 2013, I posted in my blog EVERY DAY.  Through chemo and radiation and numerous surgeries... I wrote it all down.  It was a record of what I was going through, as well as a way to document my feelings. I posted every day for over a year... then every few days... to now maybe every few months when something major happens. 

I want to change that, so I am challenging myself to write something every day.  In a world filled with difficulty and division and illness and stress, it's easy to get caught up in complaining about life.  I don't want to do that. 

I don't make New Year's resolutions (because who needs that kind of pressure? Lol) but...

In 2022 I want to focus on the positives, the blessings, the fun and the happiness in my life.   I want to post something good about every day... something that made me laugh or smile or touched my heart. 

Gratitude...
Today I was blessed to see a video posted on Facebook of a friend singing.  It's a short phone video recorded in the car and my friend Zan is just singing along with the radio.  It's not meant to be a performance or anything like that.  But it's BEAUTIFUL.  Her voice is so pretty and I love the song (The Power of Your Loce). It made me happy. 

I don't know if you can see it if you aren't friends with her, but here's the link:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10166378849245392&id=553635391

I hope 2022 is filled with the power of His love. 🧡🙏

No comments: