Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - day 2021

Monday Night Football between the Steelers and the Browns.  Yawn.  I could not have cared less about that game. 

But wait.... I kinda did care. 

Gratitude...

I am in no way, shape or form a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers or Big Ben....
However watching Roethlisberger take a knee on that last snap in victory formation in his last game at Heinz Field... watching him hugging his teammates and family on the field... acknowledging the fans of the city that had embraced him as their QB for almost two decades.... watching him walk a lap around the stadium to high five those fans and soak it all in... you could tell he didn't want that night to end.

It was obvious that Ben's emotions were close to the surface all night, and the football fan in me just had to feel for the guy who was most likely playing his last home game after 18 years with the Steelers. 

THAT is one of the big reasons I'm such a sports fan... moments like that. 🏈🏈

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32989458/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-gets-wish-ends-last-game-heinz-field-win

No comments: