Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - day 2028

Do you know what is bad about life during a pandemic?
Aside from people getting sick and dying, of course.


It seems like you are not allowed to simply have a common cold anymore.  

For the past few days I have been under the weather.  I have a sore, scratchy throat that's making me cough.  My head feels fuzzy, and overall I just feel like crud.  I've had about two thousand cups of hot tea with honey.  I'm running out of mugs.  And spoons. And sugar.

What I do not have is a fever or a headache or body aches or fatigue or congestion.
I do not have COVID.  I know, because I took a test.  I also know because I've had it before, and it gives me the worst headache of my life.  And a fever.  And body aches.  And fatigue.  

You get my point.

I gave K a t-shirt last year that says "Calm down Karen, it's just allergies".  It's meant to be funny, but it's also not.  I mean, God forbid you sneeze in public during the pandemic.  Students at her school can't even go to the nurse to get Advil for cramps... because if you need Advil you must have COVID.  

Oh, I'm not supposed to be complaining, am I.  Ok... so...
Gratitude...

I'm grateful that ALL I have is a cold.

No comments: