Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, January 3, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - Day 2020

Gratitude...

On this day 8 years ago I had my second cancer-related surgery, and it was a doozy.  Nine hours to rid my body of cancer.  Hubby had a stressful day of waiting.  I had a great nap.

A mastectomy is not fun.  It's not a "boob job".  It's major surgery that removes body parts.... parts I was rather fond of.  I couldn't lift my arms over my head for weeks.  I lived in button down pajamas.  I had to take showers with drains hanging from a lanyard around my neck. 
I didn't look like me. 
I finally looked sick.


Even so, I'm grateful for that surgery, and my scars from it. 
They mean I was stronger than cancer.
  💪



No comments: