Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 914

"God only gives each of us a certain amount of time to be on this earth and every day when we wake up, we get to decide how we are going to spend those precious minutes and hours. There are no do-overs, no second-chances, no next-time-around’s to get it right." - Rory Feek

Rory Feek is a country singer who is facing the imminent death of his beloved wife and singing partner. Joey is within days of succumbing to cervical cancer that has invaded her body and is taking her from her family way, way too early.

Their story is heartbreaking.
You can read his blog here:

This Life I Live

The quote I started this post with really resonated with me today. Lately I have been letting other people's negativity and drama overtake my life, making me a stressed out, angry, ugly person. None of that is me. And none of that is worth it. Mean-spirited, ungrateful, selfish, narcissistic people who are out to bring me down are NOT.WORTH.IT.

Joey Feek is dying at age 40. I was diagnosed with cancer at age 40.  
Why her and not me? She fought for a long time. I fought for a long time. I'm alive and she won't be for much longer. Whether I never have to fight cancer another day of my life or I face a long, hard battle like Joey, I want to get it right.

It's past time to shift my focus back to what's important. I have a family that loves me that means everything to me. I have good, good friends. I have the best breast cancer support groups a girl could ask for. I have a team of doctors looking out for my health and caring people around me looking out for my well being.

I'm not a Beatles fan, but this song and its lyrics bring me such peace. Just Let It Be.






No comments: