Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 902

I know yesterday's blog post was about my girl and how sweet she is.
Today's blog post is going to be about my girl and how awesome she is.

First of all, she told me that she had to write an essay at school about someone you are proud of, and she picked me.  She wrote about how I fought cancer and how I do so much for her softball team and I take care of the house.  That girl has a heart of gold, I'm telling you.

When I was going through her school papers yesterday, I found this essay she wrote for a practice STAAR test (the standardized tests here).

Even if I was not her mother, I would be so incredibly proud of the wonderful young lady she is turning into.  I would never associate "self-condifent" with my daughter, but apparently I've been underestimating her.  

Some of you might be wondering about my other child.  Yes, I have a son, and he's pretty amazing, too.  But he's a teenager... and a boy.  Need I say more?  He hibernates in his room, zoning out with his friends on Xbox, only coming out to eat, and only provides one word answers to anything we ask.  He's handsome and funny and talented and kind (like his sister), but he's also in his own little 14 year old world where parents don't exist.

Lord help me.

No comments: